Release Date: 22 October 2020
This release applies only to Prism Finance subscribers who do not use Xero or MYOB, integrated with Prism Finance. It enables owner payments to be recorded against the relevant owner account, directly within Prism.
If you are not a Xero subscriber and need to enable this feature, please email
and we can enable the feature in your Prism portal.
Add Owner Payment
1. Navigate to the Owner's Profile and then the Account tab.
2. Click the Add Payment button to open the Add Payment pop-up window.
3. Enter payment date, amount and description. Click the + button to record payments received from this owner. Watch out for warnings, should the payment you are trying to record be greater than the owner's payment amount outstanding.
4. Then click the Save button to complete.
Delete Owner Payment
1. In the event that you have made and error, you can click the trash icon to delete this payment and click the OK button on the warning popup.
Review Statement Status
1. Click the Statement tab and observe the statement status. After adding/deleting payment successfully, the corresponding statement status is changed.
Please note that this is the first release of this Add Payment feature within Prism Finance. In mid 2021 we will enable the recording of Owner Payments directly within the Finance Dashboard and a search function to enable you to search for Invoice/Statement IDs in order to match owner payments received with the correct owner.
If you already use Xero or MYOB, integrated with Prism Finance, all owner payment reconciliations should occur in those acocunting solutions and
not in Prism. So this feature should be disregarded.
But if you do not use Xero or MYOB, a reminder to email
to enable this new feature in your Prism Finance account.
[Finance] Improvement to Payment Note template
1 June 2022 | Enhanced Feature| Finance | Payments In the template of the Payment Note that appears on end of month Statements, you can now: insert the unique secure Direct Debit Authorisation link to encourage owners to authorise you to direct debit ...
[New Feature] Finance | Consolidate Invoices in Xero to improve Xero speed and payment reconciliation process
Release Date: 02 July 2020 Summary As the Prism Finance module records all expense detail by horse, owner and date, and keeps that data as an historical account of charges, there is often little need to replicate the volume of data in Xero. ...
[New Feature] Finance | Direct Debit your owners, all within Prism Finance
23 October 2019 | Prism Finance | Thoroughbred Payments Together with our payment partner Thoroughbred Payments, we have made it even easier for you to invite your Owners to sign up for direct debit, and to charge those Owners on the date payment is ...
[Finance] New Statement option for Syndicators
Enhanced Feature | Finance | Syndicators only If you are a subscriber to the Prism Syndicator solution, you can now optionally switch to a new Statement format. By default, the statements and accompanying invoice pages in Syndicator portals, display ...
Various Finance enhancements and security recommendations
Release Date: 6 July 2021 MYOB integration updates Upon importing payments from MYOB into Prism, the message has been updated to: total number of payments total number of succcessful payments total number of failed payments invoice(s) not found ...