How to perform bulk Location & Status, Barn/Paddock, Horse Type and Horse Category updates
Rather than updating each horse individually, you can update the following information for multiple horses in bulk.
- Location & Status
- Barn / Paddock
- Horse type (Breeding users only)
- Horse category (Breeding users only)
- Weanlings (Breeding users only)
To access this new feature, click on your Avatar image in the top right-hand corner of your screen, then select Bulk Data Update.
You can then select one of two choices....
... or one of four choices if you are using the Breeding module.
The most common use of this new feature is likely to be updating horse location and/or status for multiple horses (if not using Prism Transport Tasks).
BULK UPDATE HORSE LOCATION/STATUS
- Change the Effective Date in the top left hand corner of the window, if updating location/status for previous days;
- Filter for horses in specific location(s) or status(es);
- Select individual horse(s) in the far-left hand column, or select all horses then optionally de-select horse or horses;
- Specify the Location and/or Status that the horse(s) need to be moved into, or set the same Location and/or Status for all selected horses selected by clicking on the column heading 'Location' and 'Status'.
BULK UPDATE BARN/PADDOCK
- Filter for your desired Horse Location and (optionally) Ban/Paddock, Status or Horse Type.
- Then select one horse or multiple horses.
- Assign the new Barn/Paddock, either for each specific horse or click on the New Barn/Paddock column header to assign to all selected horses.
BULK UPDATE HORSE TYPES (Breeding users only)
This is ideal for updating:
- Foals (at Foot) to Weanlings in bulk, at the end of the day's weaning;
- Weanlings to Yearlings on August 1st each year;
- Yearlings to Racehorses/Spellers or other categories you use, on August 1st each year.
- Note: the age of each horse will automatically update on 1 August each year, but the Horse Type (if you use that field) will not.
BULK UPDATE HORSE CATEGORIES (Breeding users only)
This is ideal for updating:
- Mares In Foal to Wet Mares (or other similar category names such as Mares with Foal), if they have foaled, at the end of the day's foaling;
- Wet Mares to Dry Mares, at the end of the day's weaning.
How to change Horse Location and/or Status
There are two ways to manually modify a current Horse's Location and/or Status. Edit Location/Status Add Location/Status History Edit Location/Status Beneath the Horse Name on a horse's profile, click the Edit pencil. Then modify the Location and/or ...
How to configure Locations, Statuses, Barns & Paddocks and Horse Categories
A key step in the configuration of your Prism account, is to setup: Locations which a horse can be assigned to Horses Statuses which can be assigned to a horse Location - Status Presets to more quickly assign frequent Location - Status combinations ...
How to view Location and Status Report
The Location and Status report is a very useful report when going live with your Prism portal, and ongoing. This report allows you to: quickly identify where all your horses are, how long they have been there and how long they have been in that ...
How to add a Horse
There are two scenarios for adding a new horse to your Prism portal: Add a Named Horse, where you search by the horse's name or part of its name; Add an Unnamed Horse, where you search first by the horse's dam, then by its sire. Both of these actions ...
How to configure Horse Categories and Stallion Fee Categories
CONFIGURE HORSE CATEGORIES The Breeding feature add on allows you to: record Horse Type on each horse profile (Stallion, Broodmare, Foal, Weanling, Yearling, 2YO, Racehorse, Speller); and optionally record a Horse Category for each Horse Type. The ...