One or more Financial Accounts (Debtor Accounts) can be linked to an Owner Profile.
By default, the Owner Debtor Account is the same as the Owner Profile (name, email, phone number etc). The Debtor Account sometimes needs to be different, or there needs to be multiple Debtor Accounts for an owner. For example:
- the owner wants invoices to be sent to another email address (e.g. accounts contact); or
- the owner is a company and the name on the invoice needs to be a company name; or
- the owner owns some horses as an individual and other horses in the name of a syndicator or company.
This article details how to manage Debtor Accounts.
To manage Owners, click on the Owner tab in the top navigation section.
Click on the relevant Owner Profile and then go to the Account tab to manage the Debtor Account settings.
By default, the Debtor Account details are the same as the Owner Profile. You can Edit the Debtor Account via the Account button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
If you wish to modify the Debtor Account - such as change the Account Name to match a Syndicate or Company Name, or ensure Statements are sent to a different email address - deselect the 'Same As Owner Profile' option.
Then make any changes necessary. The Owner Profile is not changed, only the Debtor Account is updated.
- Email: the email address using to receive the statements you create.
- Address, Suburb, Postal Code, State, Country: the address using for that account.
- Mobile: contact phone number
- Debtor #: Contact ID, input the number you define to manage that account (this is optional)
- ABN: their registered ABN
- Overall Discount: the percentage applied for all costs charged for this owner account.
- Bank Account Number, BSB, Bank Account Name: Bank Account information for this account (this is optional)
- Invoice Due Date: Due date settings for this owner’s statements. This overwrites the settings in Organisation Config (this is optional).
- Horse List: The list of the horses under this account and the share that account have in the horse.
- Discount List: The discount list contains all the discounts applied to training fee for this account’s horses. The training fee, after applied the discount as defined in here, then can be discounted more by applying the overall discount as specified above.
If you wish to add multiple Debtor Accounts, click the Account button and select Add Account.
You can’t add new owner account who has the same name as an existing supplier or other owner account in the system.
Finally, for any multiple Debtor Account, you must assign the horses owned to the relevant Debtor Account.
Click on Add Horse button part way down the page of each Debtor Account. The horses that the Owner Profile owns will appear. Adding the relevant horses to the Debtor Account will remove them from other Debtor Accounts for the Owner.
How to add an owner
There are two ways to open the Add Owner screen: Click on the green button, then select Owner; or From the Owner menu, click on the Add Owner button Then proceed to enter all the relevant details of the owner. These fields are mandatory: First & ...
How to Manage Suppliers in Finance
From top navigation, click on Supplier, it shows you the list of suppliers you have in the system. This helps you to manage your supplier list, their contact and transactions (later on, not with the current version) you have with a specific supplier. ...
Prism Finance And Xero Overview
Overview of Both Systems The integration with Xero allows Prism Finance users to manage finance transactions and billing processes in Prism, along with payment reconciliations and other accounting specific tasks in Xero. Specifically, Xero is used ...
How to configure Tax Rates, Accounts and Tracking Categories
Configuring Xero Tax Rates, Chart of Accounts and Track Categories is the first step to improved stable management via the Prism Finance module. Every single expense should have a Tax Rate and an Account assigned to it, whether it be in your Rules ...
How to use the Finance Dashboard
Once created, all Statements and the Status of each can be viewed under the Owners profile or in the Finance Module under the Dashboard tab - Statements All statements created will be listed in this screen. Statement information includes: Statement ...