How to import invoices from a supplier who is using Prism
Prism Finance subscribers can import invoices received from any supplier who is also a Prism Finance subscriber.
This feature is ideal for trainers and syndicators who receive invoices from any other training, pre-training/breaking, veterinary, farrier, dentist, agistment and transport service providers, and who need to reflect these expenses in Prism in order to on-charge owners.
No longer do you have to manually enter expenses from any of your suppliers who are also using Prism. This not only saves valuable time but helps you invoice owners more quickly to optimise cash flow and avoid errors.
This help page describes how to import supplier invoices.
All statements / invoices sent by your supplier(s) who have assigned your Prism ID into the relevant debtor account in their Prism portal, will be displayed in ‘Import Invoice’ screen.
Navigate to Finance > Import Invoice.
- Optionally apply a filter in the Statement Period column to only view invoices sent to you in a particular period;
- View invoices that are available to import by clicking on the view icon;
- Then click on the Import icon to commencing importing each invoice;
- Select the relevant Supplier that this invoice was received from, to apply the Supplier to all expense lines;
- View expense lines in the Import Invoice window and check each setting (payables account, receivables account, taxation, cost amount, sale (charge) amount) *;
- Split, Edit or Delete expense lines where necessary using the action icons in the far right column;
- Select some or all expense lines and then click Import button to import the expenses.
* All expense line item settings will be set by a matched Import Invoice rule for the Supplier and the Expense Item.
Expenses imported from from your supplier's invoice will display in the Finance Transaction list ready for invoicing during the month-end Statement run (or via the Single Invoice feature).
Invoices that have already been imported, even if only selected expense lines were imported, will be identified by a green coloured Import action icon.
- An error message will display if you attempt to import invoice lines for a horse which does not exist in your portal. The horse, as defined by Sire, Dam and Foal Date) much match in both your Prism portal and your supplier's portal.
- If an Import Invoice Rule has not been setup, you will need to manually edit each invoice line prior to importing.
- If an Import Invoice Rule has not been setup and you choose not to manually edit each invoice line, expense transactions are still imported but Sale Amount will equal the Cost amount, and the payable and receivable accounts will be blank.
- We do not support the import of credit notes raised by your supplier(s).
How to configure import of invoices from a supplier who is using Prism
Prism Finance subscribers can import invoices received from any supplier who is also a Prism Finance subscriber. This feature is ideal for trainers and syndicators who receive invoices from any other training, pre-training/breaking, veterinary, ...
How to allow your customers to import your invoices
Prism Finance subscribers can now enable their customers to import your invoices, if they are also a Prism Finance subscriber. To enable this feature, your customer must provide you with their unique Prism ID. You can then assign this Prism ID to the ...
How to Import Expenses from a csv file
To save more hours in your day, you can now import expenses from a CSV file. You may import expenses you have been charged by a supplier who is not a Prism finance subscriber*, or import expenses from a text file you have generated to save manual ...
Prism Finance and MYOB Overview
OVERVIEW OF BOTH SYSTEMS The integration with MYOB allows Prism Finance users to manage finance transactions and billing processes in Prism, along with payment reconciliations and other accounting specific tasks in MYOB. Specifically, MYOB is used ...
Introducing Prism PLUS
Prism Plus is the latest innovation from Prism, providing another technological leap forward for the thoroughbred racing and breeding industries. The new Prism Plus Tablet and Mobile Apps provide an additional layer of mobile functionality to enable ...