On the top right of Finance page, you can see several buttons. To create a one off expense, click + Add Expense button then select “New Expense” option, Add Expense dialog shows.
- Date: the date of the transaction. Default is today but you can change it as required
- Supplier: the supplier of the transaction or you can leave blank if an internal expense
- Reference number: Bill reference number (optional)
- Charge To:
- If the expense is for a horse(s), select “Horse” and then select the horse(s) in the next drop down. If you select multiple horses, Prism will identical transactions against each horse
- If the expense is for an owner, select “Owner” and then the relevant owners will drop down from the list
- If the expense is general in nature and not related to horse nor owner, select “None”.
- Item: defines the expense type - Procedure/ Transport/ Dentist/ Farrier or Other. If you don’t select anything, the expense will have no related tasks or pre-defined rules.
- Description: depend on the item you selected, the predefined rule will be suggested. You are able to select the rule you pre-set so all below fields will be auto-filled.
- Qty: number of the items
- Invoice Message: the message displays in the owner statement. This is auto-generated but can be edited
- Purchase Description:
- Amount Are: is the tax setting for the Cost. This depends on settings set in the Supplier’s profile.
- Cost: this is auto-calculated based on Qty x Unit Price if you choose the rule you defined. If not, you can fill in the value manually. You are able to edit the value anytime you want.
- Extra: the amount you want to add on the cost, essentially the profit margin. There are 3 methods to add an extra:
- Increase/ decrease by %
- Increase/ decrease by amount in $
- Fix the sale price to a number
Note that Owners only see the Sale amount in their Statement.
- Payable Account: the account you assign the cost to
- Tax Rate: tax rate % which is applied to the cost
- Tracking Category: The tracking you want to use to trace the cost.
- Sales Description:
- Amount Are: is the tax setting for the Sale
- Sale: this is the Sale Price based on the Cost + Extra input. Or you can add the amount on right away then Extra is re-calculated.
- Receivable Account: the account you assign the sale to.
- Tax Rate: tax rate % which is applied to the sale
- Tracking Category: The tracking you want to use to trace the sale.
Once you fill in these fields, click Save to finish and a new transaction is added to the list on the top.
While creating an expense, if the descriptions you provide are already applied in an existing rule, the Unit Price, Purchase Description and Sales Description will be fill automatically. You are able to edit this as required.
If you don’t have the tracking category settings, Tracking Category field will not show in your screen. To set up Tracking Category, check Manage Tracking Category.
When adding an expense related to a task category, you will be asked if you want to create a completed task. Select Yes and a completed task is created for the horse. Select No and a transaction is created but with no task.
How to manually add Group Expenses
When you have a bill with multiple line items, you can add them quickly to Prism by using the Add Group Expense function. From the Finance page, click + Add Expense then select “Group Expense” option, the Add Group Expense dialog displays. Supplier: ...
How to Import Expenses from a csv file
To save more hours in your day, you can now import expenses from a CSV file. You may import expenses you have been charged by a supplier who is not a Prism finance subscriber*, or import expenses from a text file you have generated to save manual ...
How to add Custom Expenses
The Custom Expense feature allows you to create transactions for your horses based on specified criteria. You are able to apply expenses for horses based on: Number of Days a Horse is in a specified Location/Status, in a time period Horse arrival ...
How to Manage Transactions in Finance
One of the major tasks of the Finance module is to capture all expenses during a billing period, either automatically or manually, ready for review and invoicing during an end of period Statement run. There are various types of transactions recorded ...
How to view Expenses by Horse
You are able to view the expenses created / charged for each horse during a time range, in the Horse Expense screen. Navigate to Horse Profile > Expense tab Apply a filter for the time range you would like to view.